I'm sorry I haven't posted for awhile, and we've been delaying sending out a newsletter until we got through some of the decision-making process. It's nice to have something definite to tell folks. Now Stage 1 of the decision is made--we're not joining Baptist Haiti Mission. We came here to work and learn, and find out for sure if working with BHM is what God wants to do in Haiti. Over the last several weeks He has, in a variety of ways, let us know that He has another plan for us.
We've been working in Haiti, first as independent helpers to get a trade school project up and running, then working with community projects--gardens and etc.--and it seemed that maybe this was the answer to the need to work with an established organization. Haiti doesn't need another little loner mission--there are plenty of those. Now God has opened another possibility for us. Please pray for us as we go through Stage 2 of discerning God's will. We'll keep you posted!
Being here has been a learning, growing, friend-making time, but we're delighted to be going back home to the northwest. We plan to travel up there on the 16th, so the next week will busy with getting packed, cleaning the apartment, doing all the shopping for the next couple of months....... Sadly, the generator that was supposed to arrive while we here, is still not released, and probably won't be before we leave. Either we'll have to make another trip in for it, or leave it until after furlough.
God bless you all! We'd love to hear from you--even if it's just a few words left as comments on this site.
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Posted by 4Him-in-Mole at 2:48 PM